Sunday 8 December 2013

Turkey Vultures‏ Jim Duemmel 10/4/13

Between 11:00 and 11:20 today (Friday, 10/4) I counted at least 30 Turkey Vultures moving south over Bellingham. This is a species which I think is much more commonly sighted in Whatcom County than it was twenty years ago.

Jim Duemmel


I saw them too--a big group circling roughly over Chestnut and Railroad. I can't recall seeing anything like that over downtown before.


John Stark, Reporter


Maybe looking for dead duck politicians?
Adena Mooers


Yeah. They were headed south toward the red states.


Barry Ulman


I think they might have been checking on the "progress" of the waterfront REdevelopment.

Joe Meche


Today as I was leaving my home I saw 13 Turkey Vultures flying fairly high. Some were "kettling", but all were headed south. I agree that Turkey Vultures have increased considerably in the last twenty years or so.


Barry Ulman


The turkey vultures were over downtown Bellingham again Monday around 1:30 p.m. Just three or four this time.


John Stark, Reporter
10/8/13

No comments:

Post a Comment