Wednesday 11 December 2013

Varied Thrushes‏ Joe Meche 11/22/13

In the early morning light (bad for photos) in Whatcom Falls Park, I observed four VATHs.
Later in the day, close to sunset (bad for photos), I found two behind the post office above Maritime Heritage Park.
They're coming down for the winter,
Joe Meche
I hope they do not come to my yard this year. Four of them were picked off by sharpies last winter. They seem to be easy targets and fat meals. Adena Mooers
We've had Varied Thrushes in kindergarten! They are eating tiny berries on an ornamental (cherry?) tree in the kindergarten yard at the Waldorf school in the Geneva neighborhood. The children alerted me to "the bird that looked like a robin, but wasn't a robin!". My six year said they just arrived this week. 
-holly

No comments:

Post a Comment