Tuesday 10 December 2013

varied thrushes?‏ Nancy Taylor 11/20/13

Has anyone heard/seen any Varied Thrushes?  Last Friday, Nov. 15, I thought I heard a abbreviated VATH song.  Then this morning I heard it again.  I live near a patch of woods which includes big firs in south Bellingham near Chuckanut Drive.  Has anyone hears/seen any yet?  Where can I find the average arrival date?
Nancy Taylor
I heard one behind City Hall on Sunday, Nov. 10, just before I located the Barred Owl and immediately forgot about the VATH. Although, I did mention it to the field trip crew so we were looking/listening, to no avail.
 
Joe Meche

I heard some in my yard in Custer over the weekend and saw one this morning. Rachel Strachan

First heard them last week in Everson. Paul BeBruyn

Saw a single one about a week ago. I live in the same area.

Stephen Kearney

Chirp,
I saw some VATH a month ago out at Sequim, by the Dungeness River. We also saw a few out in the San Juans about a week ago. This male was foraging on Arbutus berries.
db
What a gorgeous photo!
Martha Dyck
We've had mixed flocks of Varied Thrush and Robins fifteen plus of each for over a week eating Madrone berries.  We're south of Larrabee Park on Chuckanut Dr. 
Mary Sue Dallas
Last Friday, in the nasty pouring rain, there was a Varied Thrush scratching through the leaf litter around the yard just about all day.
 
Cindy Klein
I have seen varied thrushes in small numbers at the edge of town.  I would assume if the cold and snow sre as predicted they should show up in numbers this week as the mid level forests pick uo snow.
Fredrick R. Sears

No comments:

Post a Comment