Sunday 8 December 2013

Snow geese Joe Meche 10/1/13



Just minutes ago, as I stepped out of the truck, I heard a distinctive sound overhead and turned to see a small flock of 38 Snow Geese heading south toward downtown. Here's a quick shot that I grabbed to document this latest strangeness.









I thought I heard Snow Geese flying over at night about a week ago.


Barry Ulman




At about 6:50 I heard a flock head south over Arroyo Park but couldn't spot them--above the cloud cover, I think. Then around 7:20, almost dark, the sky had cleared and from my roof on Hoag's Pond I heard and saw a flock of about 50 high and distant to the West headed south.


Tedd Judd




And here on Alabama Hill I just heard a flock of snow geese at 9:15 PM. Must be a big movement!

Also, a green heron at Red Tail Reach this morning, right near the bridge.

And two tree swallows yesterday, one at the soccer park on NW and one at Red Tail Reach.

Best,

John Bower

I heard them at about 10 pm and again around dawn from my own roost on Sehome Hill.

John Stark, Reporter

I saw and heard a large flock this morning, around 6:30 am, from the Tweed Twenty area.  Over a hundred birds, at least.

Paul Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment