Sunday 8 December 2013

Padden Lagoon: Canadas or Cacklers?‏ Phil Hotlen 9/26/13



I zipped past Padden lagoon in a city bus at around 1:40 this afternoon. And those small Canada Geese looked really small, especially a couple of them. They've been hanging around now for over a month. So how about some expert opinion. What exactly are they?

Reply

I have not seen that particular bunch, but in over two years of looking, every time I see peculiarly small Canada geese and photograph them, they turn out to be lesser Canada geese. I have never photographed a cackling goose in Whatcom County. I see them regularly reported on here, but, being a scientific skeptic, I do not believe those reports.


My challenge to those who claim to see cackling geese: Please submit photographs as evidence.


Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment