Sunday 8 December 2013

Fwd: Attack Owl‏ Tedd Judd 10/4/13

I thought the list would be interested in this exchange from our neighborhood list serve from the Interurban Trail just south of Old Fairhaven Parkway, messages are in reverse order. Same area where there have been many attacks over the years, although I thought they were usually in the spring. 

Tedd Judd

Date: Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Subject: Re: Attack Owl


Yup, the owl swooped close over head, then the next thing I knew my hat was off my head.  It was a little eerie!  That was about 5 years ago.  I hope they put that fleece hat to good use!
 
Jean


Sent: Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:20 PM
Subject: RE: Attack Owl

David Syre, of "Whatcom County is my blank canvas fame". Somehow that is divine justice.
Do you remember a couple of years ago  there was a hat stealing owl, on the interurban. I always thought I would come across this beautiful, colorful, wool-hatted nest. Didn't she get one of your hats Jean?
Subject: Re: Attack Owl

Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 22:14:16 -0700

I heard that an owl attacked the owner of the Trillium Corporation while hiking in the Chuckanuts.  This was about 10 years ago.  He was responsible for clear cutting forests all over the world.  I was told by a close friend of his, who didn't know who I was.


On Oct 3, 2013, at 9:39 PM, 

I was riding on the trail a few days ago, and came across a man swinging a tennis racket, (down by the crossing just after the animal hospital). He told me that there had been some recent human-targeting by an owl. Perhaps it is a good time to keep watch on yours, and your friends visiting animals. Pass this on.
Peace,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment