Sunday 9 March 2014

FOY Rufous‏ Barry Ulman 3/8/14

Saw my FOY Rufous Hummingbird this morning: a beautiful male that made a couple visits to my feeders.

Barry Ulman

Since our first Rufous showed up the Anna's have disappeared. Does this happen every year? Are the Rufous just more aggressive? Rachel Strachan

I saw my first rufous--also a male--on Sunday March 9. I also note a sudden absence of Anna's. I live on the north side of Sehome Hill.
John Stark
I walk the trails on the north side of Sehome Hill almost daily and have noticed Anna's recently up there ... the Indian Plum is starting to bloom.
Joyce Lincoln
I had a stunningly beautiful male rufuous at my nectar feeder on the north side of Sehome Hill about a week ago - just one.  Since then only 3 or 4 regular Anna's. Joan Bird

1 comment:

  1. Rock Wren was sighted at point roberts today

    ReplyDelete